So, I compiled this list of everything I did for years that held me back from happiness and success. If you want to stay stuck where you are, I suggest trying most or all of these.
2. Be a Perfectionist. This will ensure that you never produce anything. You may eke out something every few months or years and it may be perfect but it won’t be fun and it will cause you a lot of anxiety.
3. Be Afraid to Fail. This way, you won’t have to do anything. Just stay in your small little box.
4. Hate Your Job. Be sure to seethe. And blame the people you work with. Be sure never to leave that job, but complain about it a lot.
5. Say “Yes” to Everything. Because your time is not valuable. Let others use it up.
6. Worry. About everything. All the time.
7. Doubt Yourself. Because who are you to deserve anything? Who are you to do anything when everybody else is more talented and doing it so much better?
8. Surround Yourself With People Who Deplete Your Energy. Because how do you get rid of them? Plus, they’re familiar in a comforting way.
9. Take Everything Personally. Because, ouch!
10. Blame Your Unhappiness on Others. Because, really, they didn’t treat you right. And you were so powerless. If it wasn’t for those things that happened, you would be happy right now.
11. Be Unkind. Because their behavior warrants it.
Julie Geller is a singer/songwriter who is saving the world one song at a time by writing original, uplifting, positive music in English and Hebrew. Sign up for free monthly music at www.JulieGeller.com.